Sunday, April 25, 2010

Answered Prayers

I was hoping to do one of these everyday, but that definitely didn't happen. It seems like I only do these when I have something more important to do that I want to procrastinate on doing. I catch myself constantly thinking about things I want to write on here, but then when I get home to write it I'm always too tired. I'm going to write about something that happened yesterday when I was working at Todds. We had just unlocked the door and we were getting ready for the evening. A man came in. Tyler went up to the register to see what he wanted and I continued making salads. I assumed he wanted to place an order, so I didn't pay attention to the conversation between them. When I asked Tyler what the man had wanted he told me that he just asked if we had any day-old pizza that we could give away. He took a free car catalog on the way out and asked if we knew when we would be getting more in because the one he took was the last one. I thought about that all night and even today. It caused me to wonder and become concerned. I didn't know this man, but I wanted to know his story. Why was he asking for food? Why did he want to know when we were getting more free catalogs in? Did he have a place to live? When was the last time he had eaten? Sometimes it's easier to not think about people who are struggling in this world. He was only one man. What if he had a family? I try to do my best to help out others whenever I can, but I often feel powerless in this world that has so much hunger, hate, pain and destruction. I can only do so much and I hope that my prayers are answered. I did not know the man who came into Todds yesterday, but he is a child of God. I hope and pray that God will do his best to take care of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment