Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fabulous

Date went very well last Saturday. We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse; the food was great and so was the conversation.  I was worried about what we were going to talk about, but as soon as we started talking it was effortless.  We talked for the whole 2 hours we were there.  He has a lot of the same goals as I do.  We both want to get married and start a family, but it's difficult with our lifestyles.  We're both comfortable with where we are right now and don't get out much to meet new people.  I'm not sure if I can see myself "dating" him, but he is a great guy to get to know better and fun to be around.

After our "date", I went over to Aaron's house to watch some LOST with him and Jordan.  We're practically through the 5th season, which means we only have one more season to go! It feels like we've been watching it forever (really only a year); it's getting really good and I can't wait until the season finale!  I hope we start another series when we're finished with LOST.  It's nice to have something to look forward to and I enjoy hanging out with the two of them.

They are already starting to put "back to school" items in the stores.  Ugh...I don't even want to think about going back to school.  To say that I'm enjoying my summer vacation would be an understatement.  I'm having the summer of my life.  No, I'm not going anywhere special, but I'm enjoying spending time with friends and family.  I'm caught up on my laundry and cleaning and I'm even reading for pleasure.  I feel selfish when I talk about summer vacation and how I never want it to end, especially when I'm around my friends who are not teachers, but I can't help it.  I've grown accustomed to this lifestyle.  It hasn't changed since I was in elementary school.  Work hard for 9 months and get 3 months off.  It's fabulous.

Anyway, I'm done talking about junk.  Maybe I'll have something exciting to talk about tomorrow.  Oh YEAH! Yesterday I was able to get all of Tabby's favors, table centerpieces, and decorations made!!  I couldn't have done it so quickly without my cousin Mariah's help! She was awesome! It feels good to have things done in advance.  Now I don't have to worry about it. I can spend my time worrying about the games and food! :) I'll post some pictures later.

Off to get ready. I'm going to the teacher store today at Polaris to pick up some doorbuster sales and then Cheesecake Factory tonight!

~Wendy


Here is one of the centerpieces we made.  I wanted to put the flower into the vase, but the flowers I bought were too big, so we had to modify my vision. I think they still turned out cute.


Yes, the bride showed up! I wanted everything to be a surprise, but it was okay.  She was our supervisor and even helped us out with some of the tissue paper pom poms! (BTW, these pictures were taken at my grandma's house.  She leaves ALL Christmas decorations up year round in the basement.  You may even get to see the Christmas tree in other pictures!)


The tissue paper pom pom on the right was our first.  We didn't like the rounded edges, so we decided to make the edges spikey.  You can sort of see it better with the one on the left.  I should have taken a picture of all of them. This is only 2; we made like 10. 


The flower pots with flowers are going to be the center pieces as well.  We made flower pens as favors.  The guests can use them to play the games and then take them home when it's over. We are planning to arrange the flowers better and put a bow on the pot.  It's a work in progress.  On the right side of the picture you can see a piece of the Christmas tree! haha


Here is a close-up of one of the pens.  The flower looks a little tattered in the picture, but it's real cute in person.  We tied a little "Thank You" tag to each flower pen.


I can't wait to share more bridal shower pictures with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment