Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Powerless

Tonight was a great night.  I was able to spend some quality time with Eclipse, Nathan and Kate.  I put them in that order because that was the order I spent the time.  Anyway, due to a village power outage I was able to read the rest of Eclipse and finish an entire crossword by myself.  That's unheard of!  I enjoy not feeling the urge to check email or facebook.  It's very peaceful when there isn't electric.  It was a little inconvenient, but overall, very enjoyable. 

Just got back from Kate's with Nathan.  Why does it seem like we always get on the topic of babies and marriage? It's a sign of our age, I guess.  I'm excited for Kate b/c it's possible for her to have a baby at anytime and that means I will be an aunt soon!  She has the house, the funds, and most importantly...the husband.  However, it's always a bit depressing for me because I'm almost the same age as Kate and I have yet to complete any of those things.  I mean, sure, I guess I have some funds stashed away that I could say could support myself and a baby, but no house and the husband is totally non-existent. I'm actually the only girl in our "group" of friends that isn't dating/engaged/married.  Sometimes I find it difficult to talk to them about things like babies and such because I'm obviously not there yet and will probably not be for a couple of years (at least!). 

That's all I want to say about that for now.  I'm tired and a tad bit melancholy. 

Time for bed.  House hunting in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment