Monday, July 11, 2011

The light at the end of the tunnel is drawing near...

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in my last post, but I have poison ivy. Well, I've been struggling with it for over a week. I ended up going to the doctor last week and was prescribed Prednisone. The medicine is a miracle-worker. It sped up the healing time and now I'm almost poison ivy free! However, it has caused some severe insomnia. On the first night, I don't remember having any trouble getting to sleep, but on the second day I slept for about 2 1/2 hours tops...and that was after a busy night waitressing. I've never had problems getting to sleep after waitressing. After that night I realized that I had to pair my last dose with some Benadryl, so I would be able to sleep. I haven't had any additional problems, so that's good. This was the first time I had an allergic reaction to poison ivy. I swore up and down that I was immune to it, I guess I was wrong, or else my body has weakened it's immune system...I mean, I am almost 27. I hear It's about time for the body to start falling apart. :(

I just registered for my last class at Ashland University. I was actually registered to take it my first semester at Ashland and I had to drop it because it seemed to difficult, and I didn't really like the professor's personality. Turns out, she is the only professor that teaches the course. Yay, for me. It's been three years, you think they would have gotten at least one other teacher to teach it. I do have three more years of knowledge in my brain, so yeah, it should be a breeze...right?

Speaking of Ashland, my new summer course starts today. I'm not looking forward to it at all. I know, that's terrible, but it's Contemporary Issues in Education. I hear that it's a debate course, and if you know anything about me at all, you know that I am not one to debate issues. I hope I am passionate about some topics in the course, or else I'm screwed. It's difficult to debate something that you are not passionate about. That's what I get for being so apathetic about things...

Well, it's time for me to get ready for class. Wish me luck! Ugh...

BTW: I calculated how much money I am wasting driving to the Ashland campus three days a week and it's roughly $30.00 a week depending on how much gas is at the time. It's ludicrous! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment