Friday, July 31, 2009

Kindergarten woes...

I woke up this morning at 7:00 AM! I know...crazy, right? I've been sleeping in until at least 9:30 for the past couple of weeks. It felt really good to get up early. It helps when you have a purpose in the morning. I love my summer break from teaching, but it's hard not to fall into a slump of waking up late and feeling like there's no need to rush because you don't have anywhere to be. I've never been one to adjust to time off I always feel like I need to have something to do, and when I don't have anything to do I feel anxious. Anyway, this morning I had to meet at Tammy Welch's house. She's the other Kindergarten teacher for summer camp, which starts on MONDAY!! We got a lot of planning accomplished and I feel very prepared for the next two weeks of summer camp. This is the first time I've volunteered for summer camp and I'm a little bit nervous about how it's going to go. I'm used to teaching children with MD, so it's going to be a whole different ball game to have 25 typical Kindergarteners. I'm excited though, a little change might be refreshing. Who knows, maybe I'll fall in love with teaching Kindergarteners! In all of my student teaching I never once had the opportunity to teach Kindergarten, so this should be a great experience...let's hope! :)

Waitressed at Todd's tonight. It was very slow until about 8:30 PM. Then I had some of my regulars that I dearly love. I worked with Amber, Chris, Nate and Tyler. We're a pretty good team! I'm going to miss Friday's when I start teaching. I might be able to keep working on Friday's and Monday's, but it may get to much because of school and grad school. Who knows how busy I'm going to get! I have to teach Jr. Church Choir soon too..AHH! I feel like I've blown my entire summer and now it's all over. I haven't planned at all! I hope there are other teachers out there that are just as bad as me. There has to be, right?

Tomorrow I'm going to be playing tennis at the high school with Nate, Aaron and Chris. I'm super pumped! This is the first time we've played with Chris and I have a feeling that he's going to be pretty intimidating because he played on the high school team. Hopefully, I don't completely embarrass myself. I know I will, I've never been known to be the most athletic person. Oh well, I'm happy with who I am.

I have to finish Breaking Dawn!! It's official!! I only have like 100 pages left...maybe if I get off here and start reading I can finish it tonight!

Nitey Nite!
<3 Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment