Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sense and Sensibility

Today turned out to be fairly productive. I played tennis with Aaron, Nate and Chris. We played at least 4 sets, I believe. I won two, but it was probably only because Nate was on my team. After that I watched a movie called The Company. Terrible, terrible movie!! If you feel like losing an hour and 40 minutes of your life that you'll never get back go ahead and watch it. No joke. It might be the worst movie I've ever seen.

On the other hand, I just finished watching Sense and Sensibility ( the one with Hugh Grant and Kate Winslet ) and I have come to the conclusion that it may be one of the greatest movies I've ever seen! My interest in Jane Austen came about around a year ago and since then I've yearned to read all of her novels and watch the movies based upon those novels. I used to watch Pride and Prejudice at least once a week and now I'm almost positive that I will devote at least once a week to Sense and Sensibility. My heart was thrown back and forth during the entire movie. I've never felt so many emotions in a movie. It also had a happy ending, so of course I loved it!

I may be buying a house very soon. Tomorrow I take my mom, grandma, and BFF Kate over to London to see the house. They should be able to help me with the decision. I already had a house in contract and I had to pull out because of the home inspection. I have a really good feeling about this house and I think it's the one. Tomorrow's last walk through will determine whether I'm a new home owner or continuing my stay with grandma. However, I could honestly live with grandma forever. She's incredibly generous and supportive and I love her very much. She will be greatly missed when I move out.

Other than that, nothing else is new. Oh, I went to a going away party this past week and was able to meet up with David, Andreas and Simon. I never thought the meeting would be awkward, but I didn't plan on it being just like old times. I felt as if no time had passed since our last meeting. It had almost been a year since I saw Andreas...maybe even more! It was wonderful, to say the least. Hopefully, we will be able to all get together during the major holidays.

Now, I'm off to bed. Hopefully, I will dream of a happy ending like the one I watched this evening. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment