Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The American Dream

Wow! Lot's have changed in just one day! Today I had a meeting to write the contract to buy the house in London on E. Park Ave. and we agreed upon the closing date of August 31st. That means...I could be a homeowner in less than 20 days! It's really unbelievable to think about how much I have learned during this entire home-buying process. I didn't know anything back in April and today I negotiated my way through a contract all on my own. The contract is contingent upon home inspection/appraisal, so as long as there aren't any surprises I will have my house! It's 1160 sq. feet with a full unfinished basement. It also has 3 bedrooms, 1 full bath and a half bath. It's located in a wonderful neighborhood in a great school district. In a way I'm sad that I couldn't afford a house in WJ, but I couldn't be happier with this house and location. I'm going to be saving a boatload of money in gas because it will only take me 1 mile tops to get to school and working at Todd's will help me bank some extra money to cover my car payment and gas. The interest rates are incredibly low and I get $8,000.00! Some would say that this is not a very good time to buy a house because of the economy and I would agree with them, but I also think that it's a great time for a first time buyer to buy a house if they can. I know that the mortgage payment on this house is less than most rent payments and that makes me happy. There is a teacher at London Elementary that just purchased a home with his wife at the end of June and today he told me that he received his $8,000.00 check! Once he amended his taxes it took a little more than one month to get the money and it doesn't have to be repaid as long as you stay in the house for 3 years!

Ok, I'm done blabbing about the home...for right now anyway. I'm already thinking room colors and decorations, but I can't get my hopes up because ya never know! Something may come back in the home inspection or appraisal that will raise a red flag. Let's hope not though because I found my dream house! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment