Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride...

I feel like a wedding planner. I spent the majority of last night planning and organizing my cousins bridal shower and making a checklist for her wedding. For someone who has never been married, I'm pretty good at wedding planning. I guess it helps that I've been a bridesmaid 9 times. Always a bridesmaid and never a bride...:sigh:  Anyway, I can't remember the last time I put this much effort into something. I love weddings!



This is the bridal shower template I used on zazzle.com. It was really easy. The template was customized for a wedding, but I was able to delete the information and still keep the matching font. Her colors are plum and orange, and the wedding flowers will be the gerber daisy, so I struck gold with this invite. I also ordered matching recipe cards to send with the invite, so Tabby can start collection of recipes. (she definitely could use some inspiration) The website beau-coup.com has a lot of really great DIY favors and decorations.  I found these favor boxes and I fell in love! AND they come in orange! :)

All boxes are shipped flat, so all you have to do is assemble. The labels were almost $10.00 extra for every 24 boxes, so I created my own on zazzle.com. Less than $5.00 for a sheet of 20. They'll be perfect! I'm not quite sure what to fill them with yet, but I have some time to figure that out. The shower isn't until July 28th!

My next project is to learn how to make these....

They are tissue paper pom poms. I've never made them before, but it seems like an easy DIY project. Tissue paper, metal twine, scissors, and fishing line. I'll do a little more research and post my results.  I also have a friend who has made these for showers and they have looked fantastic! Maybe I can pick her brain! I'm not really a fan of balloons and streamers. I think these are a much classier alternative. 

Wow, this has been the bridal shower post. In all honesty, planning for this bridal shower has been the only productive thing I've done since school ended.  I did clean my classroom a little bit yesterday and made rigatoni for dinner.  Other than that, this bridal shower and wedding have been consuming my mind.  Today I meet with Tabby (the bride, my cousin) to go over some details for the wedding and shower. Then we are heading over to Darby Dan Farms to check out the food and such. I'm honored that she decided to take me instead of her mom. I'm excited to see the venue and see what the food will be like! For those of you who do not know Tabby, she is a very non-confrontational person.  She's a follower and won't really speak her mind when she needs to.  That's why I'm glad she picked me. I'm the exact opposite and will make sure that she gets what she wants. She is very passive and I like to take control of situations. It makes me nervous that she's missing important details because she probably just hasn't thought about them. For example, she doesn't have a "wedding planner" or someone who will run the show during the ceremony or rehearsal.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to be that person....which is fine, but she should give me a heads-up if she wants me in complete control.  I'd have to do a little more research on the schedule of events and details, but I'd enjoy it for sure!

I've been neglecting my yard, my refrigerator is empty, the cat is out of food and the dishes need done.  I should probably start doing some of that stuff.  I also need to call into State Farm Insurance and find a place to get my car fixed.  The elderly woman who hit me keeps calling to see if I've taken care of it. YIKES! 

Well, I must get off here and start getting ready to meet Tabby.  Planning here I come! 

~Wendy


No comments:

Post a Comment