Friday, June 22, 2012

YUM YUM

I'm a sucker for ice cream.  I was on my way home from my parents house this evening and I really wanted to stop at Wendy's to get a frosty.  I fought the urge and decided if I really wanted ice cream I would eat whatever was in my freezer.  I get home and check out my options and remember my frozen banana's!! So.....you're probably wondering why I had banana's in my freezer. Here's the story!

I bought banana's, but forgot about them.  I absolutely cannot stand brown banana's.  I actually eat them between the green/yellow stage.  Once they turn brown I either throw them away, pawn them off on friends or try to make something out of them.  This time I decided to freeze them to make ice cream.



First, I peeled the banana's and wrapped them in saran wrap.  Yes, I have red saran wrap. LOL!


I used a piece this big.  Making sure to cover the banana well to prevent freezer burn.


 Once all banana's were wrapped I placed them on a plate and put them into the freezer.

About a week later.  I unwrapped the banana's and placed them into my blender.  Try a bite of your frozen banana. It's amazing!! I had some strawberries in the fridge that needed to be used, so I cut them up and added them to the banana's.

Since the banana's were frozen they took a couple minutes to blend together.  I used a wooden spoon to break them down midway through.

The finished product was a DELICIOUS bowl of frozen strawberry-banana! Fresh ice cream! YUM!


I will definitely do this whenever I have brown banana's.  This is much easier than making a banana nut bread that's for sure! :) I hope you try it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment