Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bottoms Up

What a beautiful day! The weather is going to be perfect for a cookout! Woke up really early today. I've already finished the laundry, made brownies and started packing my bag for Grove City.

Yesterday was incredibly busy at Todd's. We ran out of cheese and dough. Yep. True story. It really happened. There was talk about bringing another waitress in on Friday, not because I'm slow (because I'm pretty amazing), but because the volume of customers is just too much for any one person. It was shot down, so I guess I will just have delegate my needs a little more effectively. No problem, I'm a teacher, not to mention an amazing multi-tasker. I'm not worried. AND I'll continue to keep all the tips for myself.

I started drinking grapefruit juice. Apparently, it's supposed to boost your metabolism. Here's hoping!

Bottoms Up,
Wendy


So...I just did a little research on grapefruit juice and I didn't like what I read.


Estrogen in the form of estradiol is affected by grapefruit. This means a woman
taking birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy might have higher
levels of estrogen circulating in her blood stream if she also consumes grapefruit.
This could lead to side effects such as nausea or breast tenderness. Lifetime exposure to high
levels of estrogen is associated with an increased risk of developing breast cancer.

Maybe I should drink it sparingly. YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment